EBIA UPPER SCHOOL
Upper School News
EBIA Connect Intersession – Oct. 23rd – October 30th
- Learn More about what our Upper School Students will be doing during Intersession here.
- Fall and winter Intersession at EBIA Upper School are an opportunity for students to explore college and career readiness in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) fields.
Upper School Info
This site will be updated through out the summer with additional information about Orientation week beginning on August 14 for 9th graders and August 16th for 10th graders. If you have questions, please email EBIA office at email@example.com or call (510) 577-9557.
2017 – 2018 School Year
Our Teachers and Administration use a combination of Project Based Learning and Blended Learning models in addition to Innovation and Design Thinking to bring depth to their instruction on each subject. Review our software and programs that make EBIA unique.
College Preparation Resources
- An Overview of the College Process Presented April 2017
- SAT Practice through Kahn Academy
- Attention Parents, the Official SAT Prep is available for free through Khan Academy. Encourage your students to practice when they have completed the rest of their school work. The more students practice early, the more confident and comfortable students will be with the questions on the actual test.
- Work in Progress (check back for updated content)
Mick was a founding EBIA teacher who brings nine years of classroom experience to the team. After teaching in Kansas City, Missouri, with Teach For America, he founded Rhythm Section Drumlines, a nonprofit that supports percussion music programming in Bay Area middle and high schools. Mick is a graduate of San Diego State University and earned his Masters in Educational Leadership from University of San Francisco. Honored as an Oakland Unified Charter School Teacher of the Year in 2015, Mick holds the strong belief that effective learning is rooted in the relationships built among teachers, students, and the surrounding community. The San Francisco native enjoys food, live music, and outdoor sports with his friends and family. -Mick Terrizzi, Director of Equity and Social Emotional Learning
What’s Happening in the Upper School
Dear EBIA families, For those who haven’t met me yet, I am the new chief of operations and finance for EBIA. Thank you so much for welcoming me into the fold - it's been amazing to get to know the team, students and you better. I’m writing today to share about EBIA’s...read more
Upper School Office Hours Morning Office Hours Wednesday, 7:45am-8:20am All teachers hold office hours during this time Afternoon Office Hours Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday: 4:00pm - 5:00pm Monday: 3:45pm - 4:45pm Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Computer Science...read more
Our new Art teacher at the Upper School put together this fun video of our Upper School students during Orientation Week! Check it out here!...read more